[Stylist] Update and Congratulations

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:22:53 UTC 2018

Hello Members,

It is almost 8:15 in the morning here, and I want to first offer
congratulations to Linda on her winning poetry accomplishment, way to
go, must feel good!

I have been busy since last here.  In brief:
- Working on autobio sketch, about 10,500 words long to be publishing
in a month or two either on Amazon or BookBaby. Thoughts on either
venue?
Intended Audience: Family, interested others.
Media: Likely print on demand, possibly EBook. Going to get author
copies if I go Amazon for family.

- Current entry in First Line and Last Line in contest from
submittable.com. I wrote a 3500-word story that had a prescribed first
and last line and required 48 other lines in between that was sent to
me by Submittable.com in June. I had entered a few contests on that
website before run by different writing groups. They do post calls for
submission. I will find out in August if story is selected for
anthology.

- Still doing freelance writing for Textbroker International, mostly
short bios about semi-famous persons in the business world. I like
those.

- Waiting For Messiah still at SmashWords but may revise next year and
republish as my own anthology elsewhere. Sales flat.

I have also been busy giving and receiving short story or novel
chapter critiques on the website scribophile.com. It is a great site
to improve writing. Premium membership is $65 for 12 months but worth
it if invested.

Best to Each of You,

--
David Russell