[Stylist] Good Friday Good Newes

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri Mar 30 19:25:28 UTC 2018

Good Friday and Good News -

Thank you, Jackie Lee for your kindness - I am thrilled that your poetry
group is reading my book and it makes me so happy to hear they are enjoying
it.  It is a great JOH for me to know this. You just made my day.

First, I want to say I have ordered 10 of Myrna's books, Whispers from God.

If you missed the call last weekend you missed a great presentation in which
Myrna described her writing process, and read a couple of poems as examples,
from her newest book. Her book is available from lulu dot com. I ordered 10
copies so I can give this book as gifts to others and keep 1 for myself. I
cannot wait for the mail man to arrive with my new books. Thank you Myrna
for an inspirational and motivating meeting!

Next, I had a big surprise yesterday morning when I opened my E-mail. I
found that 3 of my pieces will be in the Spring/Summer issue of Magnets &
Ladders.

My essay/poem, "Write a 12th Century Sestina for the 21st Century" won first
place in Poetry!  3:21 PMhe poem is in my first boo, Concerti: Psalms for
the Pilgrimage. The poem was created from my journal notes while living in
Austria in the summertime.

As if that was not enough of a surprise, I learned I received 2nd place in
Non-Fiction for my essay, "The Connie."  It is an essay I wrote about the
50-miole creek I have live near for almost my entire life. I can look out
the window and see it in every season.

My final piece to be included in the upcoming issue is "In My Dream," which
is a poem I just completed the past few weeks.

Finally, my ABECEDARIAN poem, "Beethoven's Fifth" is scheduled for
publication in Poetry Quarterly this spring. I am one thankful writer today
- Lynda Lambert

Visit me:   <http://www.lyndalambert.com> www.lyndalambert.com

Concerti: Psalms for the Pilgrimage: Poems, Kota Press, 2003

Walking by Inner Vision: Stories & Poems, DLD Books, 2017

First Snow : Chapbook, is ready for publication.

Editors: contact me for information & viewing.

My Author's Page:   <http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert>
http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert