[Stylist] Poem Publish

Jackie jackieleepoet at cox.net
Thu May 3 02:31:37 UTC 2018

Osmond,
That is powerful.
I was in Uganda from 1967-72 at Tororo Girls School with my family. I had mor of a culture shock coming home to the states than I did starting those five years in East Africa. I am working on my African book now, "Lizard in the Bean Sauce," now and it is made from letters I sent home until Idi Amin and the coup, and I no longer felt free to write of the horrors we saw. Our letters were read.The word, "lizard," refers to Idi Amin.
Yes, I feel as you do about not turning things over to any other power. I wish I could go back to see what progress has been made since we were there. The internet helps, but I want to climb the Ruwenzories again, and to climb Mount Elgon again, and to go into the villages, and the prison farm and EATRO and just talk with people.
Congratulations on your publications, and keep on writing.
Jacqueline Williams

Clarity is just questioning having eaten its fill.
     Jenny Xie