[Stylist] NFB Access Campaign?

telzey at twc.com telzey at twc.com
Wed May 23 17:34:46 UTC 2018

Thea:

I can assure you that there are indeed accessibility issues with screen magnification software, so far I have just been lucky enough not to have any with Aamzon/Createspace.  Also, one of the tenents of the NFB is that regardless of what residual vision we may have individually, we are all Blind and are all equal.  Likewise, the NFB does have international reach so we may be able to help with this issue regardless of where you are located, but I would suggest letting Eric know where you are located when you contact him as this may enable him to connect you with specific resources in your local area that can also provide assistance.  Hope this helps, and best of luck in your writing endeavors.  I hope to see that you've published more of your work soon!!

Todd Elzey, Indepdent Author
www.beinformedbooks.com
telzey at twc.com or Todd at beinformedbooks.com
---- Miss Thea via Stylist <stylist at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi, Todd.
I don't know about this for sure, but they always say In the land of the
blind, the one-eyed man is king.
That is, any amount of sight you have that you can use and magnify, you
won't be facing the same problems of someone totally without sight.
If you can see well enough to use Amazon independently, or anything else you
like, you're blessed.
Anyway, thanks for Eric's number and email.
I'll send him a message.
Mind you, I'm not American, and don't know what NFB can do.
However, Amazon.com is, so maybe it doesn't matter where the original writer
is from.
There must be others who use screenreaders exclusively.
Truth to tell, since NFB has a writers' division, I'm surprised they haven't
yet taken up this challenge.
Thea