[Stylist] Proof Reading using a Braille display?

Tessa puppycat at tbaytel.net
Tue Oct 9 17:47:40 UTC 2018

I haven't made money at proofing but do it for my own work and when I'm editing pieces for our local writing group.
I use a xx double it to indicate where I've inserted comments. I'm the only person who is blind in our group but the others use the double x or asterisks when commenting on my work. I like the x because it's easy to write and not  usually found in texts. I also insert a hard return before my comments.
One of our new members sent me back one of my pieces using word's comment feature, despite my having sent him an email asking to use the simpler method with the double x. Apparently he hadn't taken the time to read my email LOL. I can't remember now if the ms word comments were inaccessible with my version of jaws and word or if there was some problem with placement and not being able to associate the comment with the paragraph being commented on, either way it was a mess. He had to redo it.
Tessa