[Stylist] Opinion Piece by a Blind Author Discussion

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:56:22 UTC 2018

Hi Chris and others,

It sounds like your experience may resonate a lot with what Laurie
Alice is expressing in her op-ed piece. I am self-published and have
only started working with "editors" this year in addition to
continuing my involvement with critique groups. The editors are other
writing acquaintances interested in my efforts and are published
themselves. I doubt that any long-term editor/author partnerships will
form from these ventures just because. The closest I come to an agent
is submitting to random calls for anthologies. I am my own agent in
these cases. Most are rejected.

I will be publishing my autobio, under 100 pages on B&N Press next
month with the help of DLD Publishing. It's for family and interested
others. Otherwise, I may one day self-anthology several of my short
stories for whoever wants them when I'm out of here.

After reading Laurie Alice's piece, I am humbled, cautiously
optimistic about my own writing venture, enjoying Phyllis Campbell's
book and hope she sells perhaps 500 and you too. My realist side is
emerging today.
Cheers,

--
David Russell