[Stylist] About Critique in an email list like this one

Sharon Hooley shooley42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:42:04 UTC 2018

Hi,  thank you all for the welcome!

as far as I’m concerned, the critique doesn’t need to be professional.  I picture it being like a group of writers who get together like, say, at a library who are just starting out, where we share excerpts of our books, with or without guidance from a professional.  There is a book on bARD, in case anyone is not aware, called “Turning Memories into Memoirs”, which I read a lot from.  It talked about writing groups, which I thought could just be anyone whether professional or not.i
Thank you also for your suggestions for getting professional help.  In that case, I won’t necessarily ask for detailed professional critique.  I just want the input and support of any member on this list.  For example, maybe someone  who wants to read my story to the end is curious about  some detail in a situation  that I don’t cover  satisfactorily.

Another thing that came to mind, .  I wonder if there are good questions sighted folks would want to ask  us that are related to blindness  and that we take for granted as common sense and doesn’t  need to be explained.  For example, What  alternative method did you use to overcome these obstacles you faced?" or “How  were you able to accomplish what you set out to do?”  Maybe it’s something we should keep in mind when we’re writing about blind characters.

But I would like  to ask questions about things like definitions of writing terms, if that is allowed on this list.

My two cents worth,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://cochlearamericas.com