[Stylist] April 1_National Poetry Month_poem_24 lines Acrostic

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Apr 1 20:16:22 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon Poetry Lovers,

How wonderful to see poems being shared on the WPL today!

I got up very early this morning to create my first blog post for the
celebration of National Poetry Month.

I managed to get it finished before I had to leave for my Monday morning at
the gym - and my farewell to my daughter who was departing from her visit
here.

Now that I am back home for the day, I can share my poem with friends here
at WPL.

For my first poem of the month, I chose to present a poem that is an
ACROSTIC, and I wrote it as a tribute to the memory of my grandmother who
died when I was fourteen years old.  Inspiration for the poem comes from my
memories of her, and the treasured vintage McCoy cream pitcher that is in my
kitchen. It is a keepsake from her that I cherish. Every time I look at this
pitcher, I remember my grandmother and the delicious meals we enjoyed at her
table; and it also reminds me of how she cared for her 7 children and her
husband so long ago.

Here is the link to the poem, with a wonderful photo of her Cream Pitcher.

http://www.lyndalambert.com/ida-matildas-cream-pitcher/

Pasted below, is my poetic  memorial tribute to Ida Matilda Kiesling Kirker.

I hope the formatting comes through on this post -

-

"Ida Matilda's Cream Pitcher"

I loved to spend endless, languid

days at Grandma's house, sitting

around her plentiful kitchen table. Ida

Matilda's raisin-filled cookies, sprinkled with

granulated sugar

apple pies and yeast breads served hot from her oven

tart cherry desserts and homemade blackberry jam

I poured fresh cream this morning, from her old ivory

creamer-

little piece of McCoy pottery, circa 194o, Art

Deco, with faded daisies and pale green

leaves, beside

a glass vase of old-fashioned pink roses on a

soft cotton table cloth, the color of her blushing cheeks.

Creamers like this had a mate, but the open sugar bowl

is lost.

Reservations were never necessary

even when times were tough, she served her 7

children and husband

around the abundant table. A tolerant

Mother, she filled this creamer with sweet milk  every

day.

Patiently I touch the smooth brown glazed handle

Ida's cream pitcher felt cool in my septuagenarian hand

today. It spilled out the sound of her laughter

caused me to cinch my fingers around it's girth

Her pale eyes were an ice blue winter sky.

Every time I hold her old cream pitcher it

refreshes memories of fresh whipping cream.

  _____

In celebration of National Poetry Month, I will post a poem every day of
April.

My first poem is in memory of my Grandmother, Ida Matilda Kiesling Kirker.

Wife of James Addison Kirker.  Mother of 7 children.

They lived in The Village of Wurtemburg, in rural western Pennsylvania.

I live in this village where my ancestors lived and I find inspiration for
my art and writing in  the landscape and memories of this beautiful little
place on earth.

"Ida Matilda's Cream Pitcher" will be published later this year in:

Star Signs: New & Selected Poems

First Published :

Abbie's Corner of the World, Blog, 2017

-

About Lynda McKinney Lambert

On FaceBook:

My FaceBook Personal Page <https://www.facebook.com/lyndamckinneylambert>

River Road Studio Page
<https://www.facebook.com/River-Road-Studio-175785105811956/>

Walking by Inner Vision Page
<https://www.facebook.com/walkingbyinnervision/>

My SCAN BLOG Page <https://www.facebook.com/SCAN-782814908467623/>

Visit my 2 Blogs:

 <http://www.lyndalambert.com/> Website & Blog:  Walking by Inner Vision -
personal blog

Scan Blog <http://www.llambert363.blog/>  - A quiet Place of Inspiration. We
love Art, Nature, Literature

More information on my books:

My Author's Page <http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert>

Buy the book on Amazon - for $3.99
<https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Inner-Vision-Stories-Poems/dp/1543121624/ref
=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532177952&sr=1-1&keywords=Walking+by+Inner+Visi
on>

Walking by Inner Vision: Stories
<https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Inner-Vision-Stories-Poems/dp/1543121624/ref
=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532177952&sr=1-1&keywords=Walking+by+Inner+Visi
on> & Poems

Contact Lynda:  riverwoman at zoominternet.net
<mailto:riverwoman at zoominternet.net>

Address: 104 River Road, Ellwood City, PA 16117