[Stylist] Apollo 11 Narrative, Updated Revision

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 2 19:23:20 UTC 2019

Both of you suggested killing that blindness paragraph. That's not a bad idea, especially if we're trying to stay in our time limits. . However, I wanted to get the words of the astronauts in there somehow and not just have them hear our words. How can we do that?

Another thing I've been struggling with during this project is how to connect this to the NFB philosophy, but do it in ways that the students would need to spot it. If we just told them about it in the narrative up front, they'll probably lose it. While this is happening during the BELL program, we still need to find ways to connect NFB philosophy somehow into our lesson.

Since we need to keep the whole narrative under 15 minutes, do any of you have other ideas on what we can do to tell the story, yet somehow weave our philosophy into it? If anyone has ideas on how we might do that, I'd love to hear about it. I know when I ran one of our drafts past an expert at our local children's museum, they didn't like the ending.

Is it necessary to do that in the narrative at all? If not, we may be able to do it in other ways, but I do want to ensure we help them see connections between the moon landing and NFB philosophy. I know I can see several themes: belief, high expectations, teamwork and preparation. I can also see a problem solving component in there as well as dreaming big. . If there is a way to weave these connections subtly into our narrative, I'd love to hear about it. But the last thing I want to do it just throw it at the end of our narrative so it feels "tacked on." I have to wonder if that may be why our museum expert didn't like that ending.

I know it's tempting to just give it to them because they may be too young, but I'm not willing to do that.

Bottom line, I'd like to have our philosophy in there, but I don't want it to be hammered over their heads to the point they don't want to hear it.

To Barbara and Chris, I want to thank you both for working with me through this project. If either or both of you would please e-mail me privately with contact information, I'd be happy to work with you off the list if there was the need for any extended revision sessions. Thanks.