[Stylist] Food for Thought: NFB Literature for a Younger Audience

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 01:47:32 UTC 2019

No one who matters nationally ask me to help create literature, LOL! That
being said, I do create various comms including for social media for my
affiliate and chapter. I have PR experience outside of the NFB, and did a PR
internship for a local PR firm, so I employ this knowledge and skills when
creating comms locally. Short and sweet is usually the best policy. You can
still be substantive within a shorter frame, whether written or verbal
communication.

At the end of the day though, I would see 99% of our funding and efforts go
towards real programs like BELL and creating similar programs instead of
producing a lot of literature and creating big social media campaigns unless
specific to an event or activity that's upcoming.

Twitter and Facebook can be very effective if done correctly, which includes
consistency.

Bridgit