[Stylist] A Poem for late August_

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 26 12:27:46 UTC 2019

For your enjoyment.

"Graceful Choreography"

The first announcements of shifting seasons

begin to materialize early on August mornings

Under-stated changes happened slowly

when the purple Pokeweed hangs in long clusters

beneath hearty leaves along the well-worn pathway.

Grasses in the meadow display delicate daisy clusters

urgently beckon me to pay attention today

Tread lightly through the grass.

 I cast my attention towards the Queen of Summer

Standing in the meadow,

I remain motionless, wide-eyed, surrounded

as the celadon-green stems

display the Queen Ann's Lace in full bloom.

These graceful ballet dancers hover

on the warm August breeze.

Orchestrations in rural fields and along roadsides

They each remember to arrive at this time every year

Nothing can prevent the shifting waves of change

I'll wait patiently for the blue Chicory to join the dance

In her wisdom, Nature placed them together on a stage

floral dancers on a late-summer stage.

Graceful choreography.

Give them a standing ovation.

-

By Lynda McKinney lambert

Note: this poem, originally written in 1991,

Was first published in a chapbook under the title, "August Mornings" in
2002.

I chose this poem for  the opening poem of Part 4 (For Seasons, Days, and
Years)  in  my new book, Star Signs: New and Selected Poems, 2019.

This poem was published in The Weekly Avocet, August 25, 2019. Issue #351.

-

Lynda's Authors Page- Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/author/lyndalambert

Lynda's Official Authors Page: http://www.dldbooks.com/lyndalambert/

Smashwords - get my e-book: