[Stylist] writing

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 19:44:43 UTC 2019

Hi all!
I think this is a good topic too! I’m a college student and I live with my boyfriend. I personally don’t have time to sit down and write just poems or other creative works any more. In my every day life, I often write informally with emails, Facebook, text messaging and so forth. When I’m in school, such as when the Hollidays are over, I write a lot more formal writing because my homework often requires it. True, I don’t get to write a lot of poetry in my homework, but I get a lot of practice on research papers. Since I’m an aspiring science writer, being able to write research papers is a good skill to have anyway. Since I’m a busy college student, when I’m not doing homework, I practice writing via email with groups like this one. I have managed to find several writing groups on Facebook. I even go for some of the English learning groups because they’re good for improving any writing weaknessis, such as my mis spelled word in this sentence. Since writing always calls for crateequing, that is, spotting mistakes in the writing, they’re good resources to practice that skill. The writing groups are another place to practice it as well. Also, if you’re into poetry, there are many poetry groups on Facebook where you can write and admire poetry. For all you writers out there, I personally wouldn’t ignore Facebook as a place to practice writing because it’s full of places to practice writing. Another place is this list. I joined this list a while back but when I discovered my gift in writing, I joined the Writer’s devition. I look forward to it practically reforming and holding meetings at the NFB National Convention! In the mean time, this group along with the ones on Facebook, and my school’s writing resources, are my great options to get my work looked over and practice my own writing skills.

As the result of attending school, I discovered that writing is one of my gifts. On the other hand, I have eighth grade spelling. Because of my eighth grade spelling, I’m currently working on improving my spelling where it is possible. Unfortunently, math is my biggest weakness. Because of my weakness of math, I’m going for an English major with an Environmental Science minor instead of an earth sciences major.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email!
Blessed be!
Kendra Schaber
Honor Roll Student, Fall Term 2019
Vice-President of the Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon(NFB-O)
(503) 599-9991
Redwing731 at gmail.com
Kschaber at my.chemeketa.edu
NFB One Minute Message:
NFB Pledge:
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, oppertunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.
Go Detroit, Red Wings!
Go Pittsburgh, Penguins!
Go Portland Winter Hawks!
Go Baltimore, Oriels!
Go Baltimore, Ravens!
Go Oregon State Beavers, baseball and football teams!
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author Unknown.