[Stylist] Friday Fav from Lynda

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Jan 5 14:41:31 UTC 2019

That is an ambitious goal to write every day or to submit something once a
week.
I quit setting goals 5 years ago.  Maybe a way of getting started on that
would be to make a monthly chart to record your progress.
And, I would break it down more, to a weekly chart; and then a daily chart.

When I was an Executive Director of a museum, I used to do a 5-year goal
plan.
Then, from there - after we established the 5-year plan or Big Picture - I
broke it down to Year; then month; then weeks.
This way it spread it all out to very manageable parts - and I only looked
at one month at a time so it was not overwhelming.

Putting our goals into achievable pieces - one little step at a time - can
help a lot.
But, since I am retired from  the academic life - I no longer work like
that.  I can be far more relaxed in my intentions.
For the past 5 years, I just choose ONE WORD and that is my intention or
plan for the year. This works in an amazing way for me.
I actually get a lot more done by being more flexible now. And, it is really
enjoyable.

I wish you the best of luck in 2019 to reach your goals and beyond. Lynda