[Stylist] basic tutorial on prepping docs for sighted readers

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 14:45:27 UTC 2019

Thumb drives, or flash drives, what they are also called, are just storeage
devices, equivalent to floppy disks of days gone by, grin. SD cards are also
the same thing. On your laptop, there should be a thumb drive slot to place
the device in. It's different on different computers. Once you put it in, it
might automatically bring up the device, but usually you have to open it.
Again, it will depend on your computer, but likely you will go to the start
menu, find computer and then find the device. You can name a thumb drive, so
when you bring it up, it's easier to find. For example, mine is named
Christmas, so when I'm in the menu, I can navigate to it quickly. Once the
device is open, you can create folders just like you do on your laptop. You
can also copy and paste documents and folders onto the drive. I always
recommend people use a thumb drive or SD card to back-up work. Once I'm done
working on something, I back it up to a thumb drive.

Bridgit