[Stylist] article under 500 words

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 1 18:40:51 UTC 2019

Hey Ann,

Not sure if you were just sharing this, or looking for feedback. But I'd
have to agree--for me, traveling solo to somewhere new is the most
challenging aspect of being blind. Back in 2010 I went to a writer's
conference deep in the hills of West Virginia. The good part of that trip
was that people were so friendly, and very helpful to me when I got lost,
which was often, as the sessions were in different buildings, then there
were dorms, which were all exactly alike, and so on. The most difficult
part, though, was on Saturday night, when there was a big bonfire, lots of
writerly bonding, and bottles of moonshine being passed around. Me, being
the social butterfly that I am, was the second to last to leave, and had to
find my way back to my room with a relatively high blood alcohol level.
Somehow I made it, but I think I took a short cut through a swamp along the
way. Eventually the skin on my legs cleared up!

Chris