[Stylist] basic tutorial on prepping docs for sighted readers

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 21:26:43 UTC 2019

Not looking for something that tells me what I have done-but what
specifically to do to enhance how a doc looks to sighted readers. Mine, at
this point, are very plain, and I just want to pretty them up in ways that
are typical, but because I am not a native print user, I am not sure always
of what markings, graphics or whatever work for given situations. What I
ineffectively articulated before is, I could probably learn this by reading
a typical doc using the super-detailed settings in JAWS, but am loath to,
because of mild Aspergers that makes that kind of fine detail
crazymaking-too much of a good thing! So, I'd rather have someone explain
what works best for people, what makes docs pleasing to the eye, and how to
accomplish it (though the how-to's, I can probably learn elsewhere). So,
hope this clarifies somewhat.

Sandra

Something is wrong, I know it, if I don't keep my attention on eternity. May
I be the tiniest nail in the house of the universe, tiny but useful.

(Mary Oliver)