[Stylist] new version of Fish Eyes

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Mon May 13 19:12:18 UTC 2019

The reason why I chose to title this poem Fish Eyes, when it is obviously about dandelions, is because the child who calls them Chinese sunflowers is named Fisher. Entitling "The Dandelion" or "The Chinese Sunflowers" sounded very boring and "Fisher's Flowers" sounded too personal. (Besides, he does get called Fish by staff and family alike.)
Barbara Hammel