[Stylist] Critiquing method

Jackie jackieleepoet at cox.net
Wed Nov 20 20:28:18 UTC 2019

Brigit,
thanks for the information. My critique group is in a senior center, and I
bring both poetry and other writings to it.
Though none are poets, they give me helpful feedback on whether the poem is
accessible. I,, personally, do not like to have to hear a poem six times to
try to make sense of it, so I listen carefully to their common sense
comments. the difference is I sometimes precede the reading with some
comments. I will try not to do that anymore. It definitely makes sense.

Jacqueline Williams

Clarity is just questioning having eaten its fill.
     Jenny Xie