[Stylist] Accessible tools

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunse.com
Wed Oct 2 02:50:57 UTC 2019

Hello Brigit,

Appreciate that, your perspective being studied and all.

My bad for not saying, but the purpose wasn't so much for prose or
literary writing.

I'm a direct response web copywriter.

Writer is probably a misnomer. We're more idea communicators than writers.

Admittedly, that is the opposite end of the sphere to this list, and
questionable whether I should be on it really. But, I thought to ask
anyway since it is a list of blind writers, just in case.

I do have a group of peers I can run copy by for feedback. That's not an
issue.

Plus, I've been writing for a bit now.

Even so, it's courteous to have the best copy possible before asking,
since they are taking their valuable time to read it.

As good as we in this industry might think we are, trained and all,  A
List copywriters use these AI tools everyday in their writing to tighten
copy.

Mobile viewing has put more pressure on tighter writing. Frankly, plump
use of adjectives, as beautiful as they can be, often have little place
in this type of writing. Unless one can reduce word count without
appearing flowery.

I'm not in a position to presume I'm better than my mentors, earning
several hundred thousand a year doing what they do best. Or even someone
such as yourself, MFA in writing. So, I'm looking for accessible tools
they use, or equal to those tools to make myself a bit more competitive
in my trade.

If it works for them, it can work for me.

Maybe that shines a little more light on it.

Appreciate the feedback.

Brad Dunsé

Brad Dunsé smiling wearing a black dress shirt

Brad,