[Stylist] Putting Wings on our Writing

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Oct 3 18:13:14 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I updated my Media Kit in August. When I looked at it today, I had a lot of
updates that needed to be done to bring it up to date.

Yes, in only 2 months, it was already  out of date.

I am working daily now on marketing my upcoming publication so I need to be
certain that it is all correct and timely.  I'll be putting together
publicity packages to send out to news sources in my area and to
organizations that are important to me.

Keeping our Promo Materials up to date is as important as doing our writing.

Without the up-to-date materials, we will be behind when we need to send
those things out to our editors and publishers when they need them.

Right now, my next book is being offered by Finishing Line Press for
Pre-Orders - until November 8.

Yet, I did not even have this chapbook listed on my Media Kit -

My publisher is  offering Pre-Order opportunities on _first snow_ until
November 8 - but without me listing it and getting my materials sent out to
a number of contacts, how would anyone know about it?

For the next  few weeks my nose will be directed at my computer screen as I
write those important documents and put together my packages to send to
buyers. I view these packages that I'll be sending out to news sources, and
others, as wings to take my writing to the world.

I know we all love to write, and like to spend our days doing it - but from
time to time, we just have to take a break away from the writing and work on
our promo packages and materials, and making contacts.

I created a blog post today on the importance of writing our Media Kit and
of keeping  it relevant.

You may enjoy reading mine and as always, I appreciate any comments or
questions you may have for me.

I added some voice recordings as examples of work in the books!

https://www.lyndalambert.com/update-media-kit/

See you at the top-

Lynda Lambert

-