[Stylist] miscommunication

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Sat Oct 5 21:11:40 UTC 2019

Thanks to those who took the time to read and comment on my ‘Miscommunication’ prompt response.

Ericka – glad you enjoyed it.

Vejas – thanks for your comments. When I was younger, you’d never ever catch me saying anything like a guy was handsome. In those days, it was verboten. Now I’m older, more secure in who I am, I feel it’s fine to say things like that. I know you are blind from birth, but back when I could see there were actors like Paul Newmann and Robert Redford who had eyes that were much more than just blue. They were remarkable, as were Brad’s.

Jewel – thanks for your comments. I believe one of the best ways to improve your own writing is to critique/analyze other’s writing. The truth is, we are in love with our own words, so it’s easier to develop editing and revising skills on other’s work, then bring it into our own. I’d suggest you read through Bridgits suggestions, as they are all right on target. She’s a great editor, and we can all learn from her comments.

Bridgit – before your head swells too much, thanks for the feedback. In my own defense, I spent one hour on this prompt response, so there wasn’t enough time for extra polish and de-clunking. In re-reading it, it conveyed what I wanted, but certainly could be improved.

Ann – thanks for reading, and for getting it.

Chris