[Stylist] 250 years ago today

Jackie jackieleepoet at cox.net
Thu Oct 10 00:13:12 UTC 2019

Jewel,

I found this history of New Zealand to be fascinating. My reasons are
personal. One of my three mountain climbing partners moved from Africa,
where we climbed the Ruwenzori mountains, back to England, then to Nigeria,
then to Papua New Guinea for ten years, then married a girl from Australia,
and they then moved to New Zealand. I am not sure what town he lives in, but
he has climbed most of the mountains, has written the first installment of
his very comprehensive autobiography, and has a grown son living in New
Zealand also. His son is into photography and has a website called Two
Bearded Men, I believe.

I agree with Brigit that an article where you combine a particular part of
the history you have related is complemented by your personal exposure to
that bit of the history would be a place for you to experiment.

Have you ever been out in the bush with the Maori? If so, you could expand
on their native lore and bush skills. This is assuming, of course, that are
not still practicing Cannibalism!

Have you been involved in any way with the recent mass shooting, and gun
legislation, or know anybody that has been?

I am interesting in your own history, how you got there, do you have a
family, have you t raveled very much, etc. You could pick one of Annie's
story starters, and make it your personal story weaving into some aspect of
New Zealand's history.

I finally spelled out your name. I was hearing it phonetically as Jule, and
I thought you were a male. You could even tell us how you got the beautiful
name Jewel.

I will look forward to whatever you write.

Jacqueline Williams

Clarity is just questioning having eaten its fill.

     Jenny Xie