[Stylist] Spelling and Grammar Question

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Mon Oct 14 00:36:17 UTC 2019

Vejas!  Thanks for your support re spelling and grammar being, largely dependent  on where and when
one went to school and learned the rules of writing.
These "thou shalt" or conversely, "shalt nots" have been so degraded that, if one chooses the
publication, one  can get away with all sorts of horrors:  frinstance:  the use of apostrophes:
where to put one, or if to put one at all!
The following observation may seem to be a bull's roar away from the raison detre of this list, but
it is not and links in with my previous paragraph re spelling.
One of the games I play on my Amazon Echo is WordPlay where one has to spell the word one wants to
enter.
Amazon knows that the device is located in New Zealand and, therefore, the spelling will be as for
English english,  despite this, on the, very, rare occasion that I think that fibre is the word, I
have to remember to write it as fiber:  gets right up my nose I can tellya!

         Jewel