[Stylist] A new prompt

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 17:34:09 UTC 2019

That's frustrating and irritating what your teacher said, Chris. As a fellow
diabetic since the age of 4, I spent my entire life doing various physical
activities. I was a dancer and danced through my 20s. I did softball when I
was little, and in high school, I did soccer, track and swim in addition to
cheerleading. I suppose I had coaches concerned about my diabetes, but no
one ever said anything to me, nor was I kept from participating. My parents
also did not hold me back from things like this because of my diabetes. It's
so frustrating when I hear stories like this. To this day, I stay active. I
did a triathlon when I was pregnant with my second son. I continue to swim
and jog and powerwalking. I also practice yoga. Physical activity is
actually a big part of diabetes management, so it's so silly when people
think diabetics can't participate in sports and athletics. Glad your teacher
didn't stop you from finding other sports to be involved in even if he
didn't allow you to work with him.

Bridgit