[Stylist] A new prompt

Jackie jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Oct 22 04:31:26 UTC 2019

Vegas,
how exciting that you knew three of your four grandparents.
I remember learning to dance with my feet on my father's feet. I believe we had a record player and those old 39 records. My sister played the piano as well as my father, but I don't think we had tape recorders until later.
As for memories, oh, there are so many. During the depression, we moved to Nachusa, Illinois to live with my Grandpa on his one acre farm. I was maybe five or six, my sister two years older, and we picked corn all day, along with huge tomatoes, and grapes. My grandpa would give us some pennies, or a nickel, we would walk half a mile to a little store, buy candy, and play in the silo filled with grain, "out of bounds, on the way home. It was beside the railway.
There was a cold cellar which held vegetables, Grandpa's apple cider, and other goodies. At age 75 he was told he had lost the circulation in one leg and needed amputation. He told the doctor where to go, went home and invented a see-saw bed which was a padded door mounted on a  wood mounted sewing machine motor which he slept on for ten years and see-sawed every night, and worked in the garden during the days. I also remember the out-house with the Sears catalogue, and the corn cobs!
I'd better stop.
Jacqueline Williams

Clarity is just questioning having eaten its fill.
     Jenny Xie