[Stylist] Grammar question: capitalizing a word for emphasis

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 02:37:24 UTC 2019

Traditionally, yes, italicizing is used when emphasizing a word; similarly,
it's also used to denote a character's thoughts when a dialogue tag is not
provided at the end. But nowadays, writers use a lot more experimental ways
to indicate emphasis. Essentially, old rules are meant to be broken, smirk.
However, if the instructor wants you to follow more traditional rules, do
that for the class so you're not docked points for arbitrary rules, grin.

Bridgit