[Stylist] A message of Inspiration

Jackie jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Apr 13 21:23:26 UTC 2020

Ericka,

I am sending the same message I just sent Brigit. I hope it means something to you. I am glad that you explained what you are doing and what this separation from family has meant to you.  We need to know these things about our group members.

I think we must keep hope alive even if it runs parallel to the reality of the times.

I do not think the poet who wrote this was trying to be realistic. The idea, to me, was to think beyond all that is happening now and transpose it to future change where everyone in the world who has lived through this will think of new ways in principles of basic living. It will be actions that are compatible with a surviving earth. Rose-colored glasses are necessary to believe this, and of course, for you and Ericka, the details do not apply. But the basic message is still there. Hope.

My son, who has been on leave from the now closed Mesa Public Schools, still goes to the school every Friday night to turn on the stadium lights for a half-hour. It is to thank all the service providers, and to provide hope. I guess that means you and Ericka.

Jacqueline Williams

Clarity is just questioning having eaten its fill.

     Jenny Xie