[Stylist] An Anthology on Autism, Invitation to Contribute

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Fri Oct 16 19:17:37 UTC 2020

How long do we have to compose an article for this? I cannot write from the perspective of an autistic person — that I know of — but have observable evidence, from my nonverbal twin, of frustrating it is when people talk about you like you're not there but you know what they're saying. If I could just figure out how to explain it myself. (We fought for years to get a teacher not to talk about him in front of him and finally removed him from her room.)

Barbara Hammel