[Stylist] An Anthology on Autism, Invitation to Contribute

bkpollpeter at gmail.com bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:53:44 UTC 2020

As someone who also has a child on the spectrum, I still feel like we need to hear from actual disabled voices, and not those around us. Again, even if you're coming at it from a disability positive viewpoint, we have centuries of hearing from non-disabled people about disability; I think it's time we stick to just listening to disabled voices. It would be like someone creating an anthology about the African-American experience, and then inviting white people to contribute essays about their experience around this issue. No one wants to hear it anymore. Let's lift up the voices of those who actually live the experience.
BTW, Barbara, just to be clear, this is nothing against you. I think he would write a great article. I'm just saying for the sake of this discussion, I would like to see these things focus solely on disabled voices.
Bridgit

Sent from my iPhone