[Stylist] A sample of my poetry

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Wed Sep 2 18:47:15 UTC 2020

Shane and Barbara

I’m glad you two do great work with rhymes.  When I do poetry, it tends to be free verse.  The object is usually not to follow a form, but to be vivid and evocative.  As with anything else, this clicks better for some works than for others.

I started out writing science fiction, than picked up poetry as a sideline (sometimes when the stories don’t flow the verse will.

Anyway, let me add my welcome to all the new members.  My name is Shawn Jacobson and I am the treasurer of the writer’s division.  This means, that once a year, you will see a missive from me about dues.  I just did it recently (so you won’t se another one for a while.

Shawn