[Stylist] Book Description

Michael Guajardo reebok128 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:34:58 UTC 2021

Hello All!

This is my first post to this email list. I'd like to ask for your feedback if that's alright. I'm close to publishing my first short story to Kindle. I'm publishing it as what Amazon calls, a Short Read. The story is complete and I'm now needing a book jacket description. I wanted to post my description here and ask for your comments, critiques, and suggestions. So, my plans are to write and publish five more short stories as part of a series, then collect them  all and re-publish them as an anthology. The name of the series is Guardians of Luum. The story is young adult fantasy fiction. This first story is entitled, Guardians of Luum: the Shop. The story is 36 pages long and the description I've written is about 169 words. I've pasted a copy of the description below. Constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks!

Luum is a lush, enchanted world, brimming with powerful magic, majestic landscapes, and the most fantastic creatures ever seen. It is a treasure, and a tempting target for malevolent Gods and those who wish to become Gods themselves. Luum is under constant threat and so it needs its guardians and of course...its heroes.

Fourteen-year old Jason and his older brother Kenny often help their father out with the family merchant business. Today, they're given the task of travelling deep into the woods where they'll find and old shop  owned by Mr. Bashid. And what are they supposed to do there? Well make a simple trade of course. And they even have crotchety old Tamuk the Mage , to keep them company. All in all, a fairly common chore to get done, but today promises to be a day these three will never forget. It all starts with Jason using his magical talent, some flesh eating beetles and...well, you'll have to rad the rest of the story to find out.