[Stylist] Notice of NFB Writers’ Division February 14 board meeting

Shelley Alongi alongi.shelley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:17:19 UTC 2021

Notice of NFB Writers’ Division Board Meeting Sunday January 14, 2021

The NFB Writers’ Division invites you to its monthly open-session board meeting to occur this Sunday February 14. Members and nonmembers interested in learning more about us are encouraged to attend. The Writers’ Division will be holding annual officer elections in July and so this is your time as a paid member to express interest in leadership and ask questions. We are available at the meeting to answer questions about the division. We will be publishing officer job descriptions in the March issue of Slate and Style which will be available in members’ email inboxes and our web site after the spring issue is released. We propose to discuss those job descriptions after the board and officers approve them in closed session. We will not discuss the job descriptions at the Sunday February 14 meeting we just want you to know they will exist. It has not been my experience to have a job description in writing so it is my Intension as your president to rias the bar and publish some expectations so that you will know what the board and officer jobs require. We invite you to our meetings starting in February not only to learn more about the division but also to input your ideas and expose you to the diligent and faithful leadership which has occurred behind the scenes. OUr division cannot exist without members. Our members are encouraged from this time forward to participate more fully in leadership so that our efforts to improve the lives of blind writers with accessability and every day accomplishments can go forward for another forty years. Yes, our division has been around forty years. Carry on Writers!
NFB Writers’ Division Board Meeting
Agenda February 14 2021
Phone: 605-313-5637
Code: 330803 plus pound
Web site: writers.nfb.org
Twitter: @nfbwd
National: 410-659-9314
Nfb.org
Update PHone: 940-2499-2517
Happy Valentine’s Day!
I. Old Business
A. Officer Job Descriptions

B. Anthology guidelines
C. List for distribution guidelines

II. New Business
A. Treasurer update
B. Membership update
C. Ideas for national convention
  1. 40th anniversary of the division
2. Readings?
3. Contest winners announced
  A. I will be assigning officers and board to announce winners
4. Washington seminar recap did anyone participate?

5. Rain training did you fill out the survey?
NO new information on it

6. Anything I forgot or that appears at the last minute
D. Slate and Style
  A. Guidelines updated
B. Deadline for submissions Feb 28 release March 21
3. Approval of job descriptions so I can publish them  in the March issue

E. New poetry group
III. Reports
A. Officer reports
B. Board reports
C. Misalaneous Comments
D. Any other issues to be added to this or next agenda?
IV. Adjourn

Important Dates
February 28 Telephone Gathering
March 14 next board meeting 7:00 pm eastern 6:00 pm central
March 28 telephone gathering 8:00 pm eastern 7:00 pm central

Shelley, Queen of Bells Out!
President, NFB Writers’ Division
Editor Slate and Style
See my self published books at Apple Books, Amazon and Barns and Noble