[Stylist] Is there an accessible grammar checker

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:48:37 UTC 2021

I just downloaded and played around with the free version of Grammarly, and
it's not 100% accessible if solely using a screen reader. It highlights
mistakes and provides suggestions by noting these items with colors, but a
screen reader does not pick it up. Several unlabeled buttons pop up. I have
no idea what they are or do. I am able to access the buttons for
performance, goals, engagement, correctness alert, etc. But once again, the
actual suggestions within my text do not seem accessible.

If someone is aware how to make this fully accessible, or if I'm using it
incorrectly, please, let me know. But as far as I can tell, it's not
accessible for screen reader users.

My best advice is to study grammar and style guides, learning what you can,
so you can do your best when editing and writing. And nothing beats an
actual human helping you in the process.

Bridgit