[Stylist] Where to get critical review of poem

ckuell at comcast.net ckuell at comcast.net
Sat May 28 20:10:35 UTC 2022

Hey Richard,

While this group isn’t much into critiquing, if you post your poem/lyrics, you will probably get some feedback. You can decide for yourself if it’s good or bad feedback.

Song lyrics, unlike poetry, don’t necessarily have to be that good. By that I mean, there have been countless successful songs that are very simple and repetitive. Back in the 70s there was a number 1 song called Fly Robin Fly, which contained a total of 6 different words in the entire song. But the music was catchy. The Beatles music, especially in the early days, was very simple, and yet the crowds loved them. If you ever listen closely to Elton John’s music, often his lyrics make no sense at all. But, his albums sold tens of millions. All to say, powerful lyrics are a wonderful thing. But a great song also relies on the music and the performer.

My advice—go ahead and post your stuff and ask for feedback.

Chris