[Stylist] poem for reading and comment

missruthnfb missruthnfb at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 00:32:09 UTC 2023

Love this, Annie! "Sun's doctrine" and "bronzed me fearless" - such vivid imagery.Reminiscent of Joy Harjo.Thank you for sharing!Miss Ruth Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Ann Chiappetta via Stylist <stylist at nfbnet.org> Date: 2/26/23  7:23 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Writers' Division Mailing List' <stylist at nfbnet.org> Cc: Ann Chiappetta <anniecms64 at gmail.com> Subject: [Stylist] poem for reading and comment When I thought we were kinBy Ann Chiappetta Folks called me Snow BabyA Native likenessBold face, plentiful hair, Almond-shaped eyes The whispers of a grandmother’s affair  When I thought we were kinI sang, delighted by the sun’s doctrine And then was Betrayed by  a false treaty named  DivorceAnd Entered a Brave New WorldWhere second hand and thrift.Bronzed me fearless. Later, when being kin seemed impossibleAnd  probable, depending on who  was askedI believed it Despite the eventual proof offered with a cheek swab or mail-order saliva. I live, love, thrive, fight, endure grieve, Grind my spirit into the earth and Heavens, and listen to  the messages in the wind  and hear from the song in my heart’s blood, of what is to comeBecause I still believe in kin.  Ann M. Chiappetta, M.S.Making Meaningful ConnectionsThrough Media 914.393.6605 USAAnniecms64 at gmail.comAll things Annie: www.annchiappetta.com