[Stylist] You're Invited: Miss Ruth's Virtual Resource Fair This Thursday, January 26th at 2 PM

Miss Ruth Williams missruthnfb at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 03:55:01 UTC 2023

Greetings, NFB Writers’ Division members,

Miss Ruth here! For those who don't know me, I'm a member of the National Federation of the Blind, and a vision loss community advocate. Occasionally, I hold informational sessions in my Zoom Room.

This week, I’ll be hosting a Virtual Resource Fair.

It will take place on:

Thursday, January 26th, 2023

2:00 PM - 3:30 PM

Come join us to learn about three useful resources for those living with vision loss and/or other disabilities.

State Health Insurance Program (SHIP)

Mr. Joshua O’Neal, Somerset County NJ SHIP Coordinator, will be speaking about this program, which provides free assistance to New Jersey Medicare beneficiaries who have problems with, or questions about, their insurance. Criteria to qualify: This is an informational service, and anyone with questions about Medicare may call the SHIP Coordinator.

Personal Assistance Services Program (PASP)

Ms. Jannell Wilson, Somerset County NJ PASP Coordinator, will be speaking about this program, which provides funding for an assistant to eligible applicants. Criteria to qualify: Those who are permanently disabled and work, volunteer, or are training to work, at least twenty hours per month.

Dental Lifeline Network

Ms. Janette Waleri, Coordinator, New Jersey Donated Dental Services, will share information on this nationwide program, which provides free dental care. Criteria to qualify: Those who are permanently disabled, have a chronic or serious illness, or are over 65 with no other way to pay for dental care.

Here is the link to apply to Dental Lifeline:Application

|  |  |

|  |
Application

Apply Today! If you need dental help and meet […]

Please note: While the SHIP and PASP Coordinators will be discussing Somerset County, New Jersey, programs, if you would like information specific to your area, we can provide you with the name of your county and state coordinator.

Please RSVP by email if you would like to attend, or to submit any questions for the speakers in advance: rhcwilliams at yahoo.com.

The Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees the day before the meeting.

Take good care,

   Miss Ruth

Miss Ruth Williams

Vision Loss Community Advocate