[Stylist] Writing Success

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 17:01:29 UTC 2023

I'm posting this to the list knowing it's self-congratulatory, but I'm going
to do it anyway.

I think some of you know I've been interested in writing for some time,
mostly in the short story genre. I haven't been very active with that in
recent years, but now have had some success which I'd like to share with
you.

I was just notified by the magazine, Magnets and Ladders, that my short
story, "Seasons", has won 1st place in the Fall-Winter Short Fiction contest
for 2023-2024.

That was in addition to the past news from Magnets and Ladders that my
story, "Decisions", won 1st place in the Spring-Summer Short Fiction contest
for 2021.

Obviously, I'd highly recommend you consider submitting material to Magnets
and Ladders. It is a venue for disabled writers, and they have many other
categories besides short fiction. And besides their contests, you can submit
material for normal publication in their issues.

Robert Gardner