[Stylist] got third place

Shawn Jacobson sdj60259 at aol.com
Sat Feb 3 02:09:07 UTC 2024

Very good.
I liked that one a lot.
A worthy poem.
Congratulations.
Shawn Jacobson
sdj60259 at aol.com

    On Wednesday, January 24, 2024 at 12:04:23 PM EST, Ann Chiappetta via Stylist <stylist at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Here’s the poem:

Where the Heart Lives

Here and now, in the moment

Late summer sounds float through the window

crickets echo, The  rhythmic creak

Soon quieted by cool  temperatures

Mindful echoes

Suburban activities

The railways hum,  acrid stench of highway fumes

Broken by a sweet honeysuckle Scent-Ribbon

Voices, car doors, and barking dogs

Replaced by after dark stillness

By dew, new grass, skunk

Presence

Human touch

Holding hands before

Slipping off to sleep

A hug and kiss from a friend

The release of laughter or tears During a phone call

A sense of doing, of being

Awareness of the body, of blood, pulse

Breath, and purpose.

Home.

2015

Ann Chiappetta, MS

President, Friends In Art, Inc.

president at friendsinart.org  www.friendsinart.org

914.393.6605

www.annchiappetta.com

Trust your dreams. Trust your heart and trust your story. Neil Gaiman