[Tabs] Last Chance to Help Braille Literacy with Coin Purchase

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Dec 5 16:23:34 UTC 2009

Christmas Header

The holiday season is upon us—a time when we turn
our focus, more than any other part of the year,
to giving.  This year, give a gift that really counts—a
future full of opportunity for a blind child!

Today far too many blind children and adults in
America are being refused Braille instruction by
both schools and rehabilitation agencies, and many who
are receiving a Braille education are given
inadequate instruction.  There is a way you can help.

When you purchase the Louis Braille Bicentennial
Silver Dollar, not only will you receive the
first U.S. coin to feature readable, tactile Braille, but
$10 from the sale of each coin will also go to
the National Federation of the Blind’s efforts to
end this Braille literacy crisis.  That’s a gift anyone
would be proud to give.

But time is running out! You have just a few days
left to purchase this exceptional coin and leave
your mark on this crisis.  Visit the
U.S. Mint’s Web site
  or
www.braille.org,
or call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468) by December 11,
2009, to give the gift of Braille literacy
today.  The United States Mint guarantees delivery by December
25, 2009, on any in-stock item, anywhere in the
United States on orders placed by December 7,
2009, for standard delivery, and December 11, 2009, for express
delivery.  Orders over $300 will receive free expedited shipping.

If you've already purchased the Louis Braille
Bicentennial Silver Dollar, consider making a
matching gift
  to the “Braille Readers are Leaders”
campaign.  It is a great way to multiply the
impact of your purchase.  We at the National Federation of the Blind
thank you for your devotion to America’s blind
and wish you the happiest of holiday seasons!

Braille Coin (Black & White)

To learn more about the 2009 Louis Braille
Bicentennial Silver Dollar, the Braille literacy
crisis, and the Braille Readers are Leaders campaign, visit

www.braille.org.

National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland 21230