[Tabs] Disappointed

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Fri May 1 03:58:17 UTC 2009

Dear all,

If someone offered your student division $2,000 to carry out a project
between September and November, would you take it?  The amount is certainly
not a fortune, but it's $2,000 more than you have now.  It would give you an
opportunity to elevate your outreach among the general public, recruit new
members and generally put your name out there for people to understand you
are serious about the business of changing what it means to be blind.  Are
you interested?

I shared information of this grant my office was offering to youth almost
two months ago.  I just checked the list of last-minute applicants, and
unless I am mistaken, and I hope I am, no one took me up on that post.  I
genuinely do not understand the apathy among my fellow students.  The
application was relatively simple.  I offered to answer any questions people
had of the application.  I mean, I work for the grant maker.  I should hope
I know what we are looking for, and had you taken the time to talk to me, I
could have told you that your proposal could have centered around Meet the
Blind Month in October, that the Braille coin could have made for an
excellent literacy campaign or explored any number of different ways you
could have developed a compelling case for why your division deserved the
money over another organization.

So, there we are.  Trying and failing leaves room for improvement.  Not
trying at all?  ...  I don't get it.

Joe Orozco

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado

database 4047 (20090430) __________

http://www.eset.com