[Tabs] NABS Announcements

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:12:08 UTC 2011

Hello NABS members,

I hope all of you are having an excellent semester. I just wanted to
make a few brief announcements:
1. I will be publishing another bulletin this time next week. If you
have activities you'd like announced, like upcoming seminars, please
send me your announcements at
nabs.president at gmail.com
by this Sunday, March 6.

2. As many of you know, one of the things the National Association of
Blind Students can offer your student division is a board member to
come to your state convention, student seminar, or other meeting. Our
board members are all experienced student leaders who can assist your
student division with organizing, planning events, transitioning your
leadership, or just putting together a fun, informative seminar. Many
of you have taken advantage of our offer of NABS board reps and it has
been our pleasure to come to your student meetings. I would just like
to issue a few friendly reminders about our NABS rep process to ensure
that everything runs smoothly, and to educate you if this is your
first time requesting a NABS rep. First, if you have a convention or
other meeting coming up and would like to request a NABS rep, please
plan ahead and request one as early as possible. If we get a request
less than four weeks before your event, we will try to accommodate
you, but we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to send a rep. The
reason for this is that airplane tickets can sometimes get very
expensive when bought less than a month in advance, so please help us
out and make your request early. Second, before you request, please
ask your state affiliate president first if they'd be willing to pay
for the rep's hotel and meals during the event. NABS pays for their
transportation, but we can't afford to pay for hotel and meals too, so
we'll need your affiliate to agree to pay those costs. Finally, once
you're ready to request, please go to
www.nabslink.org
and fill out the short request form. I will get it emailed to me and
then will dispatch it to the appropriate representative. You may
request specific board members, but we will make the final decision
based on availability, cost and other factors. If you don't request a
specific person, we will make an effort to send your assigned
representative for your region. You can find out who your regional rep
is by going to the "Contact NABS" section of our website.

Lastly, if you haven't done so already, please email me your contact
information if you are a newly elected student division president so
we can update our records.

Thanks for your cooperation!
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students