[Tabs] just wanted to introduce myself to the list

jonathan matte jmatte28 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 26 12:03:06 UTC 2011

Hi there everyone.
My name is Jonathan but most of my friends call me Jon.
Before I talk briefly about myself by way of introduction I want to preface this by saying this.
I am relatively new to the whole idea of discussion groups related to the blind and the last time I attempted to join one of these lists my intro was met with rude eemails accusing me of not staying on topic when all I was doing was sending a brief introduction about myself so if people plan on being difficult please either email me privately off list with your concerns or just leave it alone.
Now having got that out of the way a little bit about myself.
I’m 29 years of age and from Massachusetts a city called Brockton located about 45 minutes south of Boston.
I’m about 5 9, have brown hair, hazel colored eyes, and weigh roughly 250 lbs.
Now your probably wondering why would I post to a list for a state where I don’t even live and the answer is simple.
As someone who has lived in Massachusetts my whole life I thought that it might be interesting to try and get to know other people from elsewhere.
I have a wide range of interests some of which include reading, listening to all types of music, talking online and on the phone, going out to dinner, sometimes to the movies, and browsing around in bookstores and music stores to name only a few.
At this time I am currently single and do not have any kids though like many people out their I’m always on the lookout for the right person if they happen to come along.
At this time I am currently not in college.
If any of what I have said interests you in any way or if you just want to chat feel free to contact me off list
I can be reached in the following ways
you can email me privately by sending a message to

jmatte28 at comcast.net

or if you like talking on skype you can feel free to add me and if I’m on I’ll be happy to talk with you.
My skype idee is jmatte02301
thanks for checking out my intro and hopefully it will be met with a slightly more warm response then the last list I was on
Best
Jonathan.