[Tabs] Fwd: [nabs-l] Attention Musicians: NABS Needs You!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:49:12 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sean Whalen <smwhalenpsp at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:53:55 -0600
Subject: [nabs-l] Attention Musicians: NABS Needs You!
To: List for NABS State Presidents <nabs-presidents at nfbnet.org>,
nabs-l at nfbnet.org

Good evening,

On Monday February 6 NABS will be hosting a fundraiser and social event as
part of the NFB's Washington Seminar. More details on the event will be
circulated shortly, but as part of the nights festivities, we intend to
provide our guests with live music performed by talented students from
across the country.

If you, or anybody you know, will be attending Washington Seminar and would
like to be considered to play a set at our fundraiser, we want to hear from
you!

We plan on providing a PA and Yamaha Motif ES8 digital piano for those who
want to use it. IF somebody needs access to an acoustic guitar, that can be
arranged as well.

Sets will likely be 15 to 20 minutes long, and will be determined by our
planning committee based on the number of performers we have.

If you are interested in playing, please send an mp3 or other audio file, or
a link to one, to me at smwhalenpsp at gmail.com. If you need to send something
on physical media, please contact me to arrange mailing. My phone number is
608 332-4147.

Submissions must be received by Monday, January 23. Once we have demos from
interested performers, the committee will select the best to play at the
event.

We cannot offer to pay musicians for their efforts, but it promises to be a
fun and well-attended event, and, if an artist has music to sell, he or she
is free to do so at the event.

If you have any questions, please contact me at smwhalenpsp at gmail.com or 608
332-4147.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Take care,

Sean