[Tabs] Fwd: Last call: summer leadership training opportunity in New York

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 11:44:52 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Darian Smith <dsmithnfb at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:47:00 -0700
Subject: Last call: summer leadership training opportunity in New York

:I have been asked to Circulate the Following

Begin forwarded message:

> Please circulate widely
>
> Calling applicants to the 2013 Summer Leadership Training Seminar in
>> New York during August 12th through the 14th. We are looking for 30
>> intelligent, driven, and passionate university students with
>> or without disabilities looking to be leaders in their campuses and communities.
>> The two night three day seminar will involve multiple hands-on
>> workshops with disability rights activists who will teach from
>> experience in activism and throughout their careers. Participants will then be equipped with the knowledge and
>> energy to lead their own campus wide campaigns promoting full rights,
>> pay, and integration for all persons. The purpose is to combat laws that keep sub minimum wages legal in the US where they almost entirely target persons with disabilities. If you are interested in being a
>> leader who makes great change while working with human rights
>> activists and many driven peers, we strongly encourage you to apply.
>> Please email the attached application form to
> njabstudents at gmail.com no later than July 1st.
>> For questions email New Jersey Association of Blind Students
>> President, Shafeka Hashash, at
> snh278 at nyu.edu.
>
> In solidarity,
>> The New Jersey Association of Blind Students
>
> Best,
> Shafeka Hashash

Darian Smith
2nd Vice President, National Association of Blind Students
dsmithnfb at gmail.com

www.nabslink.org
Follow the National Association of Blind Students on twitter: @nabslink

--
Darian Smith

Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund
via your phone bill.

The time is now to eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities

http://www.nfb.org/fairwages

“We know not of our future, but we know of our past. A past that is
made up of our ancestor’s Dreams, their stories and hopes.
These sights once seen, sounds heard and emotions felt are now our
knowledge. The knowledge that guides us to this very moment…”
-Darian Smith