[Tall-Corn] blind Iowans get shorted by governor again

Jerad S. Nylin jerad.nfbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 02:38:48 UTC 2017

Good evening,
For those who are looking for the article from Cedar Rapids, I have shared the link below.
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/government/iowa-department-for-the-blind-announces-layoffs-20170224

I am sad to see the layoffs at the Department for the Blind, but I know it was not a easy decision to have to make.
Sincerely,
Jerad Nylin President, National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Richard via Tall-Corn <tall-corn at nfbnet.org> Date: 2/26/17  9:55 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: tall-corn at nfbnet.org Cc: Richard <nf5b at wpusa.dynip.com> Subject: [Tall-Corn] blind Iowans get shorted by governor again

Greetings coleagues,

I see we've lost ten more positions at the library for hte blind.  One of
the reasons cited is so-called "digital braille."

I hate to tell these clowns this, but "digital braille" is only digital if
one is using a braille display to read it.  Or, if one has a braille
embosser to make hardcopy.
Otherwise, reading braille with syntehsized speech is not using braille
imho.

IF folks are wondering what I"m referencing, I am referencing an article
in the state news section of the Burlington Hawkeye for February 26.
\
\
Regards,

Richard Webb

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Tall-Corn:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/tall-corn_nfbnet.org/jerad.nfbi%40gmail.com