[Tall-Corn] FW: Iowa Diabetes Action Network Monthly Meeting

Michael D. Barber m.barber817 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:01:11 UTC 2018

Good morning everyone:  Here we are at the first of August already and just
two short months away from our next annual meeting of this group.

You'll recall that last year we were again privileged to hear from Dr. Nancy
Kane with a very educational update on Diabetes.  This year, we will be
hearing from Dr. Robert Dahlberg, a Des Moines dentist about the importance
of good dental hygiene as it relates to Diabetes specifically and to our
over-all health generally.  I encourage you all to come to our state
convention on Friday, October 5-7  where our meeting will be the first event
at 1:00 PM at the Holiday Inn and Suites at 4800 Merle Hay Road.  Please
bring someone with you.

At this year's Diabetes Action Network meeting at the recent NFB convention
in Orlando, a representative from DexCom came to answer questions and gain
our input about accessibility needs of the DexCom Continuous Glucose
Monitor.  Bernadette Jacobs will be talking with us this weekend a little
about what happened during that meeting.  As she will be on a family
vacation, she will be somewhat limited on how much time she can give us, so
we will begin promptly at 1:00 PM, central time so she can say what she has
to contribute and then continue on with her vacation.  We certainly
appreciate her taking the time to speak with us.

The contact number for our meeting is:

(605)  475-4120.
Conference code:  7972692 followed by the Pound sign.

One final note:  If you are not already on the NFBI Tall-Corn Discussion
email list, please go to the link below and get signed up as this is one of
the vehicles of communication our president is using to communicate with our
affiliate members.