[Tall-Corn] get your pre-registration in for the National convention and sign up to help the host committee and Iowa affiliate

Jerad S. Nylin jerad.nfbi at gmail.com
Mon May 28 01:30:48 UTC 2018

Good evening National Federation of the Blind of Iowa,

I hope you all are having a great Memorial Day weekend! I wanted to bring
the May 31 pre-registration deadline to your attention. As we get ready to
co-host the convention, I know there will be some exciting things that you
won't want to miss. You can pre-register at

 <https://convention.nfb.org/> https://convention.nfb.org/

Last week, the National Federation of the Blind and AIRA announced the news
that APL.De.Ap will headline our 2018 Host Committee Welcome Party at
National Convention. This is extremely exciting news and I hope this
encourages you to take action and pre-register for the convention today!

As you know, we need you to pre-register, so we have enough seats for
everyone to sit in the Iowa Delegation. Last year we did not have enough
room in the one Rowe we were given. This year, I know we will have at least
20 students and staff from the Iowa Department for the Blind LEAP program
attending, so get your registration in to be able to sit together. This is
also true for the Banquet, as one of the co-host affiliates; we want to be
able to sit together in the main banquet room!

Volunteers needed!

 As part of the host committee, we have a few places that we need volunteers
to help staff.

The host committee has two welcome areas where you can meet fellow
Federationists from across the country, the lobby information table, and the
hospitality suite. For more information and to sign up for shifts contact
Cindy Ray at (515)208-2351 or  <mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>
cindyray at gmail.com

Like usual, The affiliate will also have our exhibit hall table where we
will be selling popcorn, scissors, welcome party tickets and Iowa students
will have cane bows. To sign up for shifts for the exhibit hall table,
contact Christie Steele at (319)759-5763 or
<mailto:steele.christiane at gmail.com> steele.christiane at gmail.com

Below is information about the welcome concert.

Who are the Black Eyed Peas?

The Black Eyed Peas is a pop, hip hop, and dance music group featuring
rappers Will.I.AM, APL.De.Ap,  Taboo and Fergie.

The group is one of the world's bestselling musical groups with hits like

I Gotta Feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmrxJk2_Ug

Let's Get It Started (with features a solo by APL towards the end of the
song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqV7DB8Iwg

Who is APL.De.Ap?

Allan Pinedo Lindo  (APL) who goes by APL.De.Ap. is both a member  of the
Black Eyed Peas and a solo performer.  Legally blind in both eyes from
nystagmus, apl.de.ap has always lived the life he wants. apl.de.ap launched
the apl.de.ap Foundation <http://www.apldeapfoundation.org/> , a charity
dedicated to helping various communities and children in the Philippines and
throughout Asia.

APL has a number of solo songs such as:

We Can be anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOAqDlDsIzY

Going Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqChQldIji0

Take Me to the Philippines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2Fd7O2dRY

Opening Acts

in addition, there will be numerous Federation performers such as Marion
Gwizdala, James Brown, and Precious Perez.

How do I get into the concert

The Welcome Party concert will be held Friday, July 6 from 7:00 PM to
10:00PM. ?The location will be included in the convention agenda. The
concert is exclusive to registered convention attendees who purchase a $10
wrist band. Advance wrist bands can be purchased at the Welcome table in the
lobby, at the hospitality Suite, at any of the host affiliates tables in the
exhibit hall or from the SUN table at the back of the General Session. Wrist
bands can also be purchased at the door. All wrist bands are the same $10
price.

What is included in the $10 Wrist Band Price?

The $10 price covers admission and there will be a cash bar at the concert.
.

What is expected from Host Committee Affiliate Members?

Together with the other host affiliates, we will be responsible for the
following:

*	Selling advance wrist bands and promoting the concert at events
throughout the convention
*	Ensuring that all wrist band proceeds are provided to the Iowa
Affiliate Treasurer who is responsible for Host Committee income and
expenses.
*	Selling wrist bands at the concert itself
*	Checking that those who attend the concert have their wrist bands
*	Serving as talking signs and helping people at the concert

If you have further questions about the concert or the convention as a
whole,  do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to see you in Orlando in just over a month from now!

Sincerely,

Jerad S. Nylin, President

Jerad S. Nylin, President

jerad.nfbi at gmail.com

319-535-3723

 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Like the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa on Facebook

 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Follow us on Twitter @NFB_Iowa

---
https://www.avg.com