[Tall-Corn] convention funding reminders

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Apr 4 03:06:53 UTC 2019

Good Evening Fellow Federationists:

Just a couple of reminders as you think about the upcoming convention of the
National Federation of the Blind from July 7-12 in Las Vegas.

First, if  you are a first-time convention goer, you are eligible for the
Kenneth Jernigan convention scholarship. More information and application
criteria can be found at the link below.

https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm18/bm1811/bm181118.htm

There are a couple of things to keep in mind as you work through the
application process. First, the application deadline is April 15th. Second,
I need to write a letter to submit with the letter you are submitting to the
Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship fund committee. If you do apply for this
scholarship, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can talk with
you before writing the letter. The only way I know people  are applying is
if they contact me.

Second, the Iowa Affiliate also has convention assistance available. If you
are interested in receiving funding from the National Federation of the
Blind of Iowa, please submit a letter to me  no later than May 1, 2019. In
your letter, please answer the following questions.

.       Why would you like to attend convention?

.       What do you hope to gain from convention?

.       How can you give back from your convention experience?

If selected, you will be required to do the following:

.       Attend ALL general sessions and the banquet.

.       Work at least one shift at the Iowa table

.       Register for the convention and secure your own hotel and
transportation arrangements.

Please send  responses to me at svangorp at nfbi.org. Recipients will be
notified by May 15th.

Let's keep the momentum going from last year's convention! I hope to see
many of you there. Las Vegas promises to be a great convention this year, so
let's pack the Iowa delegation, and let's go build the Federation!

Cordially:

Scott Van  Gorp

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.