[Tall-Corn] FW: Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Vocational Rehabilitation Teacher
Scott Van Gorp
svangorp at nfbi.org
Fri Apr 5 01:23:11 UTC 2019
Scott Van Gorp, President
National Federation of the Blind of Iowa
<mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email
Live the life you want.
The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.
From: Janice Eggers [mailto:Janice.Eggers at blind.state.ia.us]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 9:19 AM
Subject: Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Vocational Rehabilitation Teacher
This is a courtesy copy of an email bulletin sent by Janice Eggers - DFB.
This bulletin was sent to the following groups of people:
Subscribers of DFB_JobPostings (328 recipients)
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/23be692> here
Iowa Department for the Blind logo <https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/fancy_images/IACIO/2017/02/1217221/1218970/department-for-the-blind-logo-2_crop.png>
Vocational Rehabilitation Teacher
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Salary Minimum: $48,672.00
Salary Maximum: $74,131.20
Post Close Date: April 29, 2019
Job Description: This is a courtesy posting for a non-merit position. Please follow instructions in the “To Apply” section for directions on how to apply for this position.
The Iowa Department for the Blind (IDB) is seeking applicants for a position that will promote IDB’s mission, vision and values through providing blindness-skills training to vocational rehabilitation clients throughout the state. A significant portion of this position will include teaching young adults.
Duties and responsibilities to include the following:
* Teach blindness skills, including but not limited to braille, cane travel, home and personal management, and basic technology usage, to vocational rehabilitation clients, individually and in groups, including pre-employment transition services for clients and potentially eligible students ages 14-21.
* Provide regular written reports documenting training, and communicate regularly with vocational rehabilitation counselors regarding client progress and concerns.
* Evaluate the skill level and training needs of vocational rehabilitation clients and potentially eligible students.
* Provide reports documenting strengths, weaknesses and training recommendations to clients, counselors and IEP teams as appropriate.
* Assist in developing and implementing group trainings for vocational rehabilitation clients and potentially eligible students such as transition weekend retreats.
* Assist in developing assessments and training curricula for use with clients.
* Assist in developing and provide training to service providers including paraprofessionals, in working with blind persons in a manner that supports skill development and fosters independence.
Essential functions of this position:
* Communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing with clients, counselors, and the public using proper English grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
* Read, write, and teach contracted braille.
* Independently travel using the long white cane under sleep shades and teach skills to clients.
* Promote a positive philosophy of blindness including that blind persons can be as proficient as their sighted counterparts
* Experience teaching blindness skills preferred.
It is the policy of the Department for the Blind to conduct background checks on all finalist candidates prior to any offer of employment.
For further information, contact Helen Stevens, 515-829-7411 or helen.stevens at blind.state.ia.us
To Apply: <https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2403380/vocational-rehabilitation-teacher?department%5B0%5D=131+Iowa+Department+for+the+Blind&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Vocational Rehabilitation Teacher
Positions in this class are exempt from the screening and referral requirements of the Iowa Department of Administrative Services – Human Resources Enterprise. Persons who wish to be considered for this position must submit a resume and letter of application to:
Education and Training Director
Iowa Department for the Blind
524 4th Street
Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
<mailto:helen.stevens at blind.state.ia.us> helen.stevens at blind.state.ia.us
A proud partner of the american job center network <https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/fancy_images/IACIO/2017/02/1217332/1218980/american-job-center-logo_crop.jpg>
E-mail: <mailto:information at blind.state.ia.us> information at blind.state.ia.us
Iowa Department for the Blind
524 Fourth Street
Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
Stay Connected with the Iowa Department for the Blind:
<https://www.facebook.com/idbonline/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Facebook <https://twitter.com/idbonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Twitter <https://blind.iowa.gov/newsroom/blogs?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Blog <https://www.youtube.com/user/IDBonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Youtube <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/topics?qsp=IACIO_30> Govdelivery
Manage Subscriptions <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/edit?preferences=true#tab1> Help <https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/> <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/23be692?reqfrom=share> Bookmark and Share
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tall-Corn