[Tall-Corn] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Braille Book Fair

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Sun Feb 17 04:40:34 UTC 2019

Good Evening Fellow Federationists:
See the below announcement about one of the most anticipated events at
national convention!

Email
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Krystal Guillory via NFBNet-Members-List
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Braille Book Fair

Braille Book Fair 2019
Calling all Braille readers, teachers, and parents!
It's that time again: Time to sort through all those boxes of Braille books
and donate those gently used but no longer needed Braille books to the 2019
Braille Book Fair sponsored by the National Organization of Parents of Blind
Children.
Our primary goal is to get more Braille books into the hands of children,
youth, and beginning adult readers, so here's what we need most:
. PRINT/BRAILLE STORY BOOKS (AKA TWIN VISION) . BOOKS IN GOOD CONDITION .
LEISURE READING (FICTION OR NONFICTION) BOOKS . COOKBOOKS AND POETRY
Children are so hungry for their very own books that every year, despite
generous donations of books, most of our books for young children are gone
in less than an hour. So, begin your search through the boxes in your
basement and spare room and get those books shipped.
We do not accept magazines, textbooks, or audio books at this time.
2019 Braille Book Fair
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Please note that you are shipping the books FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND; you
do not need to pay shipping cost for braille items.
Hand write, stamp or affix a label to the upper right hand corner of the box
stating:
FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND.
Take your package(s) to your local Post Office.
There is no shipping fee for Free Matter for the Blind when mailed through
the Post Office.

From: "Krystal Guillory" <kguillory at louisianacenter.org>